Recipe of the week: Lemon Yogurt Cake
Enjoy preparing one of our favourite desserts. This easy and delicious recipe is fun to make with kids and ideal to be served with a glass of cold milk or tea. Let us know how it goes sending us a photo!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar (divided)
- 3 eggs
- 2 lemons (zest and juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vainilla stract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven 350 C . Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2 inches loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt), in a bigger bowl mix yogurt, 1 cup of sugar, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla. Add dry ingredients little by little.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes. Meanwhile mix 1/3 cup sugar left with the lemon juice until it looks transparent.
- Let the cake cool for 10 min and add the syrup while the cake is still warm. Enjoy!